How To Cook Basic Brown Rice
For the rice:
- Add rice, onions, oil, pinch of salt to pot over medium heat.
- Stir to thoroughly coat the rice with oil, taking care not to burn the rice.
- Add your liquid and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low, to simmer.
- Cover tightly and cook for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest and let the rice soak up any remaining liquid.
- After 10 minutes, fluff with a fork
For the Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Add rice to a bowl along with remaining ingredients green onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime, vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Lightly toss and serve hot or cold.
August 17 2016